Monday, April 14, 2008

Packing and Preparing

Only 11 days left before travel. We're shopping, buying nanny gifts, collecting important papers for the Embassy in ET to obtain visas. Last weekend we all made the bedroom shift, so Selam could have the room closest to us (within hearing distance) . New bedspread and pink dresser and we're ready.
I made great progress in preparation for ESOL (english for speakers of other languages). A wonderfull lady who teaches this sat down with me and gave me great ideas and usefull resources to be on our way to teaching Selam our language. She was very impressed that Selam already knew the alphabet and could read 3 letter words. The rest we'll have to take as it comes.
The first few weeks will be very exciting. She'll learn alot as she goes along with us, in the garden, on walks and of course, working in the barn. By the way, if you don't already know, we are ardent hobby farmers with 2 horses, 4 oxen, 1 steer, 10 chickens, 2 rabbits and 150 turkeys in season. I guess she'll learn her farm animals first.
I can't wait to show her the beautiful Maine coast.
Family members, don't worry, we're putting together a book of all of you for her to be familiar with.
Untill later.....

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come come to you. John 14:18

No comments: